Ronald W. Caspers Wilderness Park
Ronald W. Caspers Wilderness Park – Playground:
Watch out for mountain lions. Sign next to playground reads “Mountain lions may be present and are unpredictable. Be cautious. They have been known to attack without warning. Your safety cannot be guaranteed. You are advised to stay alert to potential dangers.”
- No dogs allowed in the park
- Restrooms (portable toilet across from the playground)
- Kid and tire swing
- Fun features: climbing wall, swinging rings, zip line, fireman’s pole, checkers table under large play structure, boulder to climb
- Picnic tables and BBQ
- Various walking/hiking/biking trials throughout the park.
- Check for events:
- Nature Walks: Ranger-guided walk is offered at a scheduled time on Sunday. Walks during the week can be arranged by advance appointment.
- Guided walks and “Critter Talks” are avaliable by advance appointment and require a nominal fee.
- Amphitheater: Located by Nature Center
- Nature Center: Open Saturday & Sundays only, 9 am to 3 pm
- Camping Reservations: Year round Family/Group and equestrian camping: RV electrical hookups available, showers & dump station
- Parking fees (day use): $3 per vehicle entry Monday – Friday; $5 Saturday – Sunday; Higher for some holidays and events (Fee Information)