Pirate's Cave - Dana Point Sea Caves
Pirate’s Cave – Dana Point Sea Caves:
Around 1.4 miles round trip. Explore the tide pools along this rocky hike along the beach to the Dana Point Caves. Small caves to explore along the way, walk to the end and look for a small entrance on the right into the large Pirate’s Cave.
- Free parking near the Ocean Institue and Baby Beach
- Reccomend water shoes or comfortable walking shoes (walking on rocks the entire way)
- No restrooms
- No picnic tables
- No dogs allowed
- Explore tide pools along the way
- Small caves cut into the cliffs allow for some shade and spots to rest along the way (bring sunscreen & snacks)
- Must visit at low tide, check here for the best time to go
- Check out our video!
How to get there:
Walk behind the Ocean Institute to the stairs that take you down to the beach. Walk right and follow across the rocky beach up until the end, where it looks as if you can’t walk any longer. Look to your right for a small entrance into the cave. It may look small but it gets bigger when you get closer, walk into Pirate’s Cave!