Hillcrest Park Stairs & Lions Field
Trail Features Picnic Tables
Hillcrest Park Stairs & Lions Field:
- Restrooms at the bottom of the stairs next to Lions Field
- Lions Field is a synthetic turf field with four softball fields, one full-size football field and one overlay junior football field (The junior field stretches across two softball fields.)
- Fields are used for softball, football, soccer, and rugby.
- Open to the public every Sunday from 12PM to 5PM
- Wooden stairs that are highly trafficed and used for work outs.
- One hour of stair climbing burns 750 calories
- Entrance into the stairs from the bottom by Lions Field with an opening in the middle to continue on to the top or take the dirt path to either side to 2 more sets of stairs (one takes you up or down to the field). Look out point with seating along the way.
- Picnic tables at the top and bottom of the stairs along with a consessions stand
- Parking lot
- To get here look for a turn in along N. Brea Blvd. its the first right when turning from N. Harbor Blvd to N. Brea Blvd.
- As you enter the parking lot you will see the duck pond and the Korean War Memorial
- You can also park at the top of the stairs – enter from Lemon Street & Virginia Road or by taking the road up past the Hillcrest Recreation Center off Valley View – this is also where the playground is. For more information about the playground click: Hillcrest Park Playground