Garden Grove Park
Garden Grove Park – Playground:
- Restrooms by the baseball/softball fields (across the parking lot)
- Two playgrounds a short distance from each other
- Covered picnic tables close by
- Short walk to Atlantis Play Center
- Gated playground & splash pad in the summer – must pay cash to enter, closed Mondays
- 3 parking lots surround the park
Garden Grove Park was once a Navy satellite airfield called Haster Farm Airfield, named after Richard Haster a prominent rancher who sold the farm land to the Navy.
Haster Airfield was a 241 acre rectangular property contained a asphalt hexagonal landing area – hence why the playground is on a hexagon area.
Renovated Playground contains two play structures, one which mimics a space ship about to blast off as well as a there is a pretend play window to buy airplane tickets and an airplane play structure.
- Rubber surface
- Fun features: play panels with flight themed activities, steering wheels, music station, merry go round spinner.
Older playground a short walk away:
- Fun features: corkscrew pole, fireman’s pole, monkey bars